When buying a car, a common question that probably comes to mind is how will you dispose it when it reaches the end of its life cycle? Obviously, you will not be junking a brand new car at the initial years of purchase, but realistically, every vehicle depreciates after a certain age and breaks down. At that very moment, most car owners feel helpless as they run out of ideas of what to do with a used car.
Instead of choosing car recycling in Canberra, most car owners choose to invest hefty amounts in advertisements to sell their junk. Opting for direct selling won’t do any good as it involves huge time and expenses. By the time you get hold of a potential buyer, your vehicle parts will deteriorate due to weather conditions and adversely affect the environment. The benefits of auto recycling can’t be undermined in this regard. Junk car scrapping mitigates pollution and saves mankind from its disastrous impacts.
Adverse Impacts of Scrap Cars on the Environment
A scrap car sitting idle for years poses a severe threat to the environment. Among many of them, the three most hazardous effects are air pollution due to obnoxious gases, groundwater pollution and decomposition of hazardous waste.
- Junk cars produce chlorofluorocarbons which is a potential culprit behind the depletion of the ozone layer. The biggest issue with driving a dysfunctional car is that older engines release carbon monoxide and greenhouse gas, which further depletes the ozone layer and triggers the potential of global warming.
- Whereas plastic wastes can be easily treated and taken care of, treating decomposed brake fluids, motor oils released from scrap cars isn’t a piece of cake. You need to consider many things, such as who the vehicle belongs to, how to haul oversized vehicles seamlessly, how to go about with the sharp and pointed rusted parts etc., for eco-friendly disposal. After weighing all the risks, you can figure out whether to let your vehicle decompose on its own or get it removed by auto recyclers in Canberra.
- An abandoned car sitting idle for years is a potential culprit behind groundwater pollution. Fluids leak from various car parts and get absorbed into the soil. These harmful fluids contain gasoline, coolants and brake fluids which are detrimental to the environment. Contaminated soil gradually contaminates groundwater and triggers health risks for mankind. Polluted groundwater also causes illness among patients and eventually leads to cancer.
How Does Auto Recycling Benefit the Environment?
Auto recycling has gained predominance over the years due to its blessings upon the environment. If you have an old car that is no longer functional or has lost roadworthiness, you can simply hire a car recycling specialist in Canberra to recycle your junk instead of preserving it in the garage. When an unwanted car is recycled, wreckers strip all the parts along with functional car parts and crush the rest for reuse by car manufacturers.
Old car recycling in Canberra offers a plethora of benefits highlighted below:
- Recycling old vehicles requires less energy compared to manufacturing new steel and helps in preserving natural resources. Whereas new steel production requires huge quantities of coal and contributes to pollution, auto recycling in Canberra consumes less fuel and curbs environmental impact.
- Landfill waste is much reduced when old car parts are recycled. It means the environmental impact will be less and chances of contamination due to chemicals and other pollutants will be insignificant. Many businesses prefer recycled steel as it’s cost-effective than new steel production.
- Another benefit of scrap car recycling in Canberra is that it reduces the need to mine new steel, as new steel manufacturing can be hazardous to the ecosystem. Moreover, steel mining can lead to soil erosion and adversely affect the environment in the long run.
Auto recycling is gaining momentum as more and more people are becoming aware of its environmental benefits. Car recycling in Canberra helps reduce fossil fuels, landfill waste and misuse of energy. The benefits of car recycling are not restricted to the environment only. By reusing used car parts, you can earn from every piece of your useless junk and elevate the appearance of your house front. Prime Cars Removal is a pioneer in the car recycling business and helped thousands of car owners dispose of their scrap vehicles in an eco-friendly manner. If you are willing to discard your old car, get in touch with our auto recyclers and make quick money instantly!